At Lightwater Cove, we have a commitment to provide each and every guest with a healthy and safe environment.
High Standards of Safety & Hygiene
- Common areas are being frequently sanitized.
- Hygiene protocols and practices are observed by staff, including thorough hand washing. with soap and water, staying home if feeling sick, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Proper sanitization of our kitchen and food preparation areas follow Canadian food safety and standard guidelines.
Best Practices to Avoid Transmission
Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Only registered guests and staff are welcome on the premises at this time.
- Social Distancing is encouraged by guests.
- Our staff will not enter your room during your stay for housekeeping.
- We will arrange for contactless delivery of any additional amenities if requested.
- Enhanced cleaning practices are in place.
- The five Lightwater Cove properties span over 30 acres of land surrounded East and West by forest and South by Marine Park ocean. To the North is the expansive Ruckle Park. The density of the surrounding areas is extremely low and largely forested protected parkland. The air is very fresh.
- All buildings in Lightwater Cove are equipped with Heat Recovery Ventilation Systems and Air to Air ventilation temperature control systems. The air circulation in every room in the buildings is excellent and each room has its own constant ventilation connection to outside air. There is no indoor stagnant air in any weather. In addition, there are several opening windows in each room for guest comfort.
Prior to traveling to Salt Spring Island, we encourage all guests to review any travel restrictions that may be in place.